Monday, December 15, 2008

Ok, I'm fired!

I can't really beleive that it's been the ENTIRE month of November and I didn't blog a SINGLE TIME! :( I'm very unhappy with myself and decided to blog about some randomness and family updates as sort of pennence... So here goes:

This weeks highlights began Friday. I had decided to work late at the office since I'd been out most of Thursday andFriday trying (succesfully I may add) to get caught up in accounting via the helpful people at the tutoring center.

When I was finally ready to go home Teanna & Dustin came over to drop the car off. I asked Dustin if he wanted me to pick him up at Teanna's since we were headed to a birthday party for a friend. He said he'd meet me at home because the bike was at Teanna's house. I said "ok", and headed home.

When I got home I figured I'd put on the "good wife" hat for a few minutes. I cleaned up the toy room (front room), folded all the laundry and put it away, picked up the kitchen and the time flew by. I walked into my bathroom and realized it had been over a half hour (Teanna lives 3 blocks from us) and thought to myself, "Self, either you're gonna go over to Teanna's and be pissed that he was dinking around and making us late, or you need to go scrape him up off the pavement".

As the last part of that horrifying thought entered into my mind I realized it's truthfulness and jumped in my car. {It was TOTALLY one of those creepy "mommy" moments where ya just know...some of us like to call it inspiration}

So, I'm driving out of my neighborhood, turn left onto Valley View Drive and literally have about a block to go when I realize that he's on the pavement right that second. :( Not a fun feeling. So I'm watching the road for broken husband, smashed motorcycle, etc. I get to the turn in for Teanna's subdivision and as I'm turning right, there he is straddling his bike. I roll down the window and all he says is, "I don't know what happened". He's obviously shaken, but before I can urge him to get in the car and forget the bike here for now he's driving cautiously away and headed home.

When we get home I get my first ever glimpse of his irrationality in a purely manly style. :o) He jumped in the shower to rinse out all the road rash and had me pour rubbing alcohol on his hand (It was all we had & by the time I was done I REFUSED to put that on his head. I was afraid he'd pass out). Because we didn't have any hydrogen peroxide I'm trying to loan him up in car to get some and simultaneously trying to convince him that his head should be stiched. As I'm trying to herd him away he realizes that Jaylyn is coming to get her car he's been repairing and it needs water in it first. So, the logical choice he makes, HA!, is to play mechanic and "finish the job" for an HOUR!!

I was pretty much fuming when he was finally in the car, but accepting of my defeat. Because of this acceptance I decide I'll not try to take him to the hospital, unless he asks. We're on our way over to the birthday party (in the drive thru of Wendy's to be specific) when he says, we should go to the hospital because he thinks his thumb is broken. He didn't have to tell me twice.

So we head to the hospital. A broken thumb, dressed hand, and three staples in the head later we leave with a pain medication prescription and a referral to an orthopedic surgeon. The thumb is broken near the wrist and will possibly need pins, we'll know tomorrow for sure and if it does need surgery we're hoping to cram it in before December 31st cause the insurance premium resets the 1st! :o)

In the end all is well, really. It scared me and I'm more adament about the helmet regulations, which means I have to get real serious about quitting smoking (that's the deal)...he'll be active about not dying if I will. :) The story about the wreck is still pretty unclear. He was just pulling out of the complex & basically popped the clutch too fast for the cold tires or gave it too much gas...either way the back tire just spun out and then he crashed. I summed it up for mom pretty good when I said, "I didn't call out the forces because it was like he wrecked a bicycle. He has road rash and a broken bone, but is otherwise fine".

The rest of the weekend I played nurse and felt sad that my man wasn't well, but I was happy that we didn't have any kids to chase. We found out that he's deferred from donating plasma. :( I HATE losing income! I attempted to study for finals and work some more, which just amounted to me being EXTREMELY exhausted this morning for my first final. I am one final down and two to go. By this time tomorrow I will be celebrating 3 weeks of NO SCHOOL!! YIPEE!

That's basically it, I think. Ya'll, whoever reads this, is probably irritated by the length here, so I'll pause here and try to be better about updating more regularly. I still didn't even blog about Halloween and the cruise. :(












1 comment:

  1. I like your deal: "he'll be active about not dying if I will" -- sounds like a good one to me!

    I know he had the helmet on the bike, but I'd much rather see him save his skull than the chrome. Good luck with your mutual encouragement. ;-)

    ReplyDelete